Ilisten and ViaVoice

Camner camner at iname.com
Mon Aug 25 11:46:48 PDT 2003

I've been using iListen exclusively for a couple of months now.  I've
trained about 2/3 of the "stories".

With 1.6 (now 1.6.2), correction is far improved.  It just works.

I still have three problems, two more serious than the other.

1.  Recognition accuracy is far below VV at similar stages of training and
use.  Is this just me, or is this a common phenomenon?

2.  ilisten also adds a large number of extraneous words (I suspect they are
breathing related).  I turned up the silence threshold, and that helped, but
not sufficiently.

3.  The inability (unless I'm missing something) of adding phrases (e.g.
proper names), except via "Learn my Vocabulary", is a pain.  I don't want to
write a bunch of stuff with all the names I want in it.  I just want to add
the names I use frequently.  Am I missing something here?

Robert

G4 dual 867
Mac OS 10.2.6
Parrott TalkPro Express with Andrea USB pod