Sluggish Computer With ViaVoice 3.x

Domains4Days Lists at domains4days.com
Mon Dec 1 05:51:59 PST 2003

For some time now my ViaVoice 3.x,  when active, has been making my entire
computer operate much more sluggishly then in the past ( Finder Windows
opening slowly etc.).

 Jaguar 10.2.8 with a G4 / 450.

I Recently purchased a DUAL 1.25 machine also. After installing ViaVoice on
that machine, I first backed up my voice model on the old machine - and
moved it over to the new machine and then restored. ( The last thing I want
to do is to have to create a voice model from scratch...)

Unbelievably, the new dual machine was also sluggish when ViaVoice was
active.  Lots of waiting -  slow Windows  etc.

Sometime back, I recall being to go into a special window - I think it was "
analyze my documents" -  and process previously stored user corrections
(from using correction mode) on this page.  After processing - believe the
program would work much faster and free things up.

Q: *  I no longer see that choice anymore - does anybody know where it is?

Q:  Does anybody have any  ideas how to speed things up again? (  without
creating a new voice model ...)

Q:  does anybody know if ViaVoice 3.x  will work on Panther?

Q:  does anybody know if scan soft will ever update this dying application?

 Interesting note: if I'm sure some of the list members remember a thread
about a year ago -   where if you listened to the ViaVoice audio - it had
bad static in the recording.  My g4/450 certainly had that problem. Before I
upgraded the new ViaVoice on the new machine - I tested the sound of my
voice recordings and - interestingly enough - the static was NOT there in
the recording. And for whatever it's worth - some update note mentions that
the upgrade changes the recording from 22 K to 44 K to fix the problem.  For
any non audiophiles - that basically means that the file sizes of saving
audio with your document will be double!

--
RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com
[db-lists]