[MV] Sluggish Computer With ViaVoice 3.x

Camner camner at iname.com
Mon Dec 1 07:27:53 PST 2003

I can't speak to your other questions, but for me, VV does not play well
with Panther.

1.  I can't start VoiceCenter directly (I get a "fatal error" in VC). I CAN
start from SpeakPad, which launches VC.

2.  SpeakPad works, but only while it has focus.  As soon as it loses focus,
VV seems to forget about its connection to audio.  When I go back to SP, the
mic isn't recognized.

3.  #2 means that I can't correct.  Once I open the correction window and
put my cursor there, going back to SP means losing the mic.

Thus, for me, Panther and VV are incompatible.

Others may have different experiences.

Robert