[MV] Re: PC Immulators for VV

tscheresky tscheresky at micron.com
Fri Feb 14 13:03:51 PST 2003

>Well there *are* other aspects of both ViaVoice Pro
>for Windows and various versions of NaturallySpeaking
>that are superior to *anything* currently shipping on
>the Mac.

I agree that voice recognition software on the PC is far more advanced then
on the Mac, but is this really a surprise to you?  They've been working on
the PC versions of ViaVoice and NaturallySpeaking much much longer then
there Mac counterparts.  In fact it's pretty amazing how well the Mac
software works considering how long it's been on the market.  As far as your
opinion about ViaVoice for Windows, I can't think of one feature it has that
NaturallySpeaking doesn't have, or can't do better.  I'm sure we can get
into long debate on which Windows voice recognition packages are better, but
this is a Mac voice recognition list, and I would rather discuss the Mac
side of things.