[MV] Re: PC Immulators for VV

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Fri Feb 14 15:12:52 PST 2003

>If I am not mistaken, the first Continuous Speech Recognition
>program for Macintosh was ViaVoice Millennium Edition, which was
>released in 2000.

December 8th 1999, and yes it was the first.

>The first Speech Recognition program to do dictation on a Mac was
>Power Secretary, which was discrete dictation. I believe it came out
>in 1995 or 1996.

June of 1994.  I had one of the earliest copies (thanks to the
company I worked for there is no way I could have afforded it myself
at $2,495 a copy).  It was developed by Articulate Systems with help
from Dragon Systems.  Later Dragon Systems brought the product
completely in-house.