PC Equivalent of English Speech Recognit.

John G justaguy3333 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 09:37:24 PST 2003

Chuck,
I'm pretty sure the telephone relay services (voice to TDD) for the
deaf are nationwide. And they are FREE. Here, in CA, I think you dial
711, but elsewhere it might be different.

It's human, not machine, and, by far, the best type of voice
recognition there is! (the brain)

Plus, without training each voice individually, computers aren't
likely to do a good job recognizing incoming telephone callers. Just
ask the callers to email your friend instead of calling, if the relay
service isn't practical for some reason.

--John Glenn