problem with reinstall

Karen Johnston johnston3 at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 24 10:39:59 PST 2003

When I got my new g4 I installed the osx VV, then when it was incredibly
difficult, decided to install vv enhanced ed to use my old user data until I
had some time to train the new one.  OK, so now I know its a BAD idea.

I've used the finder to try to ditch all files relevant by searching for
IBM.  When I try to install VV now, either one, it shows speakpad, register,
and setup as folders rather than icons, and says there is no default appp
specified to open the document " IBM speakpad."  ideas?