When Training Occurs

Martin Markoe martin at speechcontrol.com
Wed Jan 15 03:00:41 PST 2003

Carl,

I've been unable to clearly understand when exactly ViaVoice is being
trained. I'm particularly curious to know if I am miss-training when I
dictate a first draft, and do not correct mistakes before saving.

Training only works when you correct errors and save your session. Therefore
you can dictate a long draft and make no corrections and your user profile
is not changed.

When you to make corrections it usually helps to select one or two words on
either side of the error. When you make the correction the correction is
made in context of the words around.

Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
The best microphones for Speech Recognition
See us at: http://www.eMicrophones.com
See, "Key Steps to High Speech Recognition Accuracy for the Mac" at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/docDetails.asp?DocumentID=39