[MV] taking the plunge (2)

JSenecal at aol.com JSenecal at aol.com
Wed Jan 15 13:59:13 PST 2003

>Please tell me this is some silly little mistake on my part.

If I remember correctly, ViaVoice only analyzes plain text documents. So
before you have it analyze your writting, you need to convert the
documents to plain text. For most programs, this is an option in the Save
As dialog.

The one exception is ViaVoices own documents, which can be analyzed as
they are saved, but only if everything is set up right. First you need to
turn on "Analyze When Saving Documents" option in the SpeakPad
preferences. But for the documents to actually be analyzed, you need to
click on "Save dictation session information" when you save the document.
Note that option only appears if you did some dictation.

Either way, once a ViaVoice document is saved, it can't be analyzed
unless it's converted to plain text first, or the document is modified
and resaved.

I hope this helps.

Joe Senecal