[MV] OS X 10.2.3 and VV update

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 21:48:17 PST 2003

>I am the proud owner of a new G4 dual 867, which came shipped with OS X
>10.2.1.  I need to:
>
>a) upgrade to 10.2.3 and
>b) install ViaVoice on the machine and
>c) install the VV update
>
>Any thoughts out there about what order I should do these three steps?  (I
>will take advice given here and download the 10.2.3 combo updater rather
>than using software update).

I have not had any problems with the ViaVoice update even though it
was installed after 10.2.3 and IBM only officially supports it up
through 10.2.2 (meaning that's the last version they tested it with).
Trust me, crating a user in ViaVoice without the update from IBM
installed is very difficult because of poor accuracy.

However, to be absolutely safe I would do the following:

a) install ViaVoice, but *don't* create a user
b) install the ViaVoice update
c) upgrade to 10.2.3

Then go ahead and create a user in ViaVoice.