Recently released ViaVoice update, VVAppLauncher

John G justaguy3333 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 17:35:47 PST 2003

By the way, I threw away VVAppLauncher and got much-improved startup
performance and it solved a small crash. You can no longer say " open
Filemaker Pro " or whatever, but that never worked for half of my
applications anyway.   I simply created small scripts using the
AppleScript editor, such as the following script named "Open
SpeakPad", and put them in the ViaVoice/Scripts folder:

tell application "SpeakPad"
	activate
end tell

It took about 10 minutes, worked like a charm, and I have never
regretted throwing away VVAppLauncher.

--John Glenn