[MV] making changes

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 12:49:02 PDT 2003

On 7/1/03 1:49 AM, "Michael Gherrity" <mike at gherrity.org> wrote:

> Suppose I dictate a paragraph and ViaVoice makes no mistakes.  Later,
> as I read the paragraph, I decide that a phrase should be different.
> Now if I change the paragraph by adding the new phrase and deleting the
> old, how does ViaVoice know that I simply changed my mind rather than
> correct a dictation error? What is the right way to make this kind of
> change?

There are two possible ways to make editing changes that won't confuse the
training:

1) Select the text to be changed, delete it (which erases the associated
audio data), and then dictate the new text.

2) select the text dictate the new text (this replaces the old audio data
with new data associated with the new text).

DO NOT use the correction window to make editing changes.
--
T. Patrick Henebry
tphenebry at comcast.net

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.