OT: zoom screen display in OS 9?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sat Jul 12 23:53:18 PDT 2003

(Since apparently some of the members of this list know about
using speech recognition to deal with complexities of
typewritten communication, I'm speculating someone might have
a lead to a list dealing with Macs and complexities of vision.)

Anyone know how to get OS 9 to zoom the screen display on an
lcd screen (iBook or alBook, specifically in mind), like
OS 10.2.6 can do it by turning on zoom in the Universal Access
System Preference?  Ie, not changing the screen resolution, as
can be done in the OS 9 Monitors Control Panel, but zooming the
display without changing the resolution setting.  I've tried
running OS 9 applications in Classic in OS X and using X's
zooming (option-cmd-+/- key combinations), but that zooms only
the OS X material in the display, and merely blanks (white)
the screen area which is Classic's OS 9 windows.  Just zooming
regular OS 9, not OS 9 apps running in Classic, would be a
useful start; zooming Classic along with OS X would be a treat.
TIA.