[MV] Re: Jaguar 10.2.4 vx ViaVoice

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Fri Jul 18 11:52:13 PDT 2003

On 7/18/03 2:22 PM, "Ralph Burgess" <rburgess at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Is Via Voice 3.02 compatible with Jaguar 10.2.6?
>
> I have not used VV (3.0) for about 10 months and am currently running OS
> 10.2.6. Can I successfully upgrade to VV 3.0.2 while running OS 10.2.6 or do
> I have to go all the way back to OS 10.2 before upgrading VV?
>
> Many thanks for your always helpful advice,

Rob,

That original message was written to someone who already had ViaVoice for
Mac OS X installed under 10.1 and wanted to move up to Jaguar. Therefore
there were some extra considerations.

You *can* install The ViaVoice update under 10.2.6. I have done it more than
once. The update makes changes in ViaVoice to deal with Jaguar
incompatibilities. It does not effect the OS itself.

I have found that some weird things can happen with ViaVoice if you install
Jaguar over the top of 10.1. So in that situation I no recommend doing a
clean install of Jaguar and then installing both ViaVoice and the update.
--
T. Patrick Henebry
tphenebry at comcast.net