[MV] Re: ViaVoice vs. iListen

Phil Tanny support at easy-hits.com
Tue Jun 17 10:16:38 PDT 2003

Wow, Joseph thanks for this excellent comparison review.
Really, I appreciate the time you put in to your post, it's
very helpful to me.

I'm especially interested in your use of voice recog for
programming.   That was the real icing on the cake. After
building web sites via html for 7 years I finally bit the
bullet this year and buried my head in the Perl books for a
few months.   It's been a great adventure that I've enjoyed
very much.

However, typing out tons of Perl is not really what my body
wants to be doing right now, and that has really slowed me
down.   Out of necessity I began sketching out my code with
paper and pencil before hand to limit the amount of time I
spent staring at the screen and typing/retyping.   This
think first, code later process actually turned out to be a
great way to work, though that wasn't my original intention.

I'm going to buy one or both of these programs anyway so
I won't ask you to describe exactly how use them to
generate code.   But if you care to share, I'll
eagerly and gratefully read any followup posts.

A final thought.  It would be interesting if anyone
cared to create their posts using VV or iListen, without
bothering with the corrections.   Surely this should
be one forum where we could all do that without fear of
ridicule.  :-)

Thanks again to everyone for all this introductory
information!

Phil

JSenecal at aol.com wrote the following on 6/17/03