[MV] Re: ViaVoice vs. iListen

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 13:01:47 PDT 2003

>I get the impression from some reviews
>that voice recog is somewhat more advanced
>in Windows software.
>
>Should those of us who have VirtualPC, or
>some other Windows emulator, be considering
>Windows voice recog software, in addition
>to ViaVoice and iListen?

Yes, the Windows software is better and has been for years. I say
this having used both. But don't even THINK about trying to use it
with VirtualPC on a Mac. The processor emulation needed to convert
x86 instructions into instructions the processor in the Mac can
execute takes up too many CPU cycles for the Windows speech
recognition software to work.