[MV] Re: ViaVoice vs. iListen

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 15:47:03 PDT 2003

tphenebry at comcast.net (T. Patrick Henebry) on 6/18/03 at 3:26 PM -0400 wrote:

>ViaVoice for Mac OS X was released in November of 2001. Aside from
>releasing Simply Dictation which is ViaVoce for Mac OS X without some
>features and no bundled microphone, and the Jaguar patch IBM has done
>nothing with the product. If a bug was present at release it's still
>there a year and a half later.

I need to make a slight clarification here. IBM demonstrated ViaVoice for Mac OS X at
the July 2001 Macworld Expo--where it won Best of Show. But it was not available for
purchase until November of 2001. Part of the reason for this is that Office for OS X
did not ship until then and some ViaVoice for Mac OS X features related to Word for
Mac OS X.
-----
T. Patrick Henebry