Mac OS X security hole

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 13:47:46 PST 2003

Folks,

There is a security hole in sendmail that could turn out to be quite
nasty for some. It affects a number of Unix and Linux variants.  This
includes Apple's Mac OS X.

Apple has made a patch available through Software Update (the update
from Apple also addresses an SSH issue) See:

for details and a vendor list. If your vendor isn't listed I would
still contact them to see if they have a fix.

Also sendmail.org has a new version of sendmail available that fixes
the hole, as well as patches for older versions at:

http://sendmail.org

Sendmail is almost universal among Unix and Linux distributions I
strongly suggest everyone take steps to patch this security hole.