[MV] Mac OS X security hole

Kevin O. Lepard lepard.kevin at fireserve.net
Tue Mar 4 13:55:08 PST 2003

>There is a security hole in sendmail that could turn out to be quite
>nasty for some. It affects a number of Unix and Linux variants.
>This includes Apple's Mac OS X.

While this is a real security hole and I agree that the patch should
be applied, please note that by default sendmail is NOT enabled on
Mac OS X, so that unless you've enabled it, you don't have to be
concerned that someone may have already used this vulnerability
against you.

That said, I second the recommendation to apply the patch.  I've
applied it to both of my OS X 10.2.4 systems without any apparent
problems.

Kevin
--
Kevin O. Lepard