[MV] Dictation Only VV?

Robert Crawford robertc at clancrawford.us
Tue May 13 07:18:32 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 14:39 US/Pacific, Tom Nugent Jr wrote:

> I'm finally looking to get a speech recognition program, and I'm
> wondering what the latest wisdom is from list members on the two
> competing options for OS X.

I was using VV.  I had 10.1.5 but when I upgraded to 10.2.6 it stopped
working entirely; says that the mic isn't connected.  At this point I
am not using any dictation product.  It never did work very well and I
found that I spent as much time making corrections as if I had just
typed it in the first place (I type at under 20wpm).  I did d/l and
install the patch for 10.2.x that I found but it didn't help.

In general, even with cerebral palsy, the voice to text under VV is
slower than pecking at the keyboard for me.