Questions on customising VV

Charlie Moody shaman at mac.com
Wed May 28 07:52:35 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 08:44  AM, Robert wrote:

> Yes, you can dictate directly into all apps...but, no correction
> facility
> except in speakpad.

I DID notice that last part - and while it's "a shame" that I don't get
to further improve my accuracy, I'd hardly expect to do so.

> I don't think trying to store a mic gain setting with a given sound
> profile,
> will be that effective.  I find I need to go through setting up the
> microphone fairly often in order to maximize accuracy.

I'm not sure how you mean this...largely because that doesn't sound
like what I'm trying to do.  You seem to be suggesting that I can't
associate multiple mic settings w/ a given model - which I never even
considered trying to hack together. Since VV seems to treat each voice
model as a monolithic chunk, I suspect it would require program
modifications to allow multiple mic settings per model.

What I want to do is different.

If I go into UserSettings, I see a pop-up w/ "...first voice model"
selected, and options to add, modify, or rename it ('delete' is
inactive).  I want to COPY that model - make a duplicate - and treat
them as separate models, even though the hold the same data, much as
one might duplicate a file & handle the copy as if it was a separate
document.  I want to label one of them LOUD, & set the mic up for loud
conditions...and label the other QUIET & set the mic up for quiet
conditions.  I would then select one or the other, and work with each
independently from the other.

To repeat:  has anyone tried anything like this - and, if so, how did
it work out for you?