[MV] Re: OS X ScanSoft Via Voice

Martin Markoe martin at emicrophones.com
Wed Jan 7 04:40:08 PST 2004

Randal,

Where did you buy the Telex M-560?

The Telex M-560 has been discontinued. We have tested it and carried it for
several years but was not sorry to see it go. It was considerably less
accurate than any good headset microphone or hand-held/desktop mounted
microphone. We only carried it because there were some people with
disabilities who could not afford a better microphone and had no choice but
to use a desktop microphone.

If you need a desktop mounted microphone consider one of the Sennheiser
hand-held microphones mounted in a Balanced Microphone Arm. The only trick
to using one of these microphones is to not turn your head as you dictate.
The iListen people recently tested one and found it to work quite well. See
these at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=065
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=056

If you are doing professional dictation, 5000 words or more a day, you would
benefit from the more expensive Sennheiser MD431II. With this microphone you
would have anywhere from 30 to 50 fewer corrections when doing large amounts
of dictation daily. See this at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=013

--
Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
The best microphones for Speech Recognition