[MV] Where are we now?

Brian Braunschweiger brianbraun at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 8 09:01:23 PST 2004

At 5:29 PM -0600 11/06/2004, Chuck Rogers wrote:
>But the time will come soon when we will need to replace the engine
>that works underneath iListen. Are we working on it? Let's just say
>we are starting to carefully weigh our options. As to when a version
>of iListen will be available with a new speech engine, that is
>anyone's guess - but I would say we are at least a year or more
>away. We still have quite a few things we would like to introduce
>with the current engine first.

A "just curious" question I have had:

Is the major road block to better accuracy and ease of use more on
the side of the speech engine or more on the side of the user's
computer's horsepower? Should I be cheering on a 4ghz Mac or for
Phillips and iListen programmers to make major advances?

Brian
--
Brian Braunschweiger

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of
its strength."
- Corrie Ten Boom