[MV] VXi TalkPro Xpress or VXi TalkPro?

Richard Smith spam_if_you_want_to at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 13:29:35 PDT 2004

I intend to buy a microphone for use with iListen on a G4 iBook.  I wish
to buy the best microphone.  The MacSpeech tech-note on supported
microphones says that the VXi TalkPro Xpress is the best microphone, so I
was going to buy this, along with a VXi USB soundcard.

However, for the same price I could buy the VXi TalkPro which includes a
'translator box'.  Does this translator box make the microphone better or
worse?  If it makes it better, then why do MacSpeech recommend the version
without the translator box?

The MacSpeech tech-note says that the translator box is recommended for
laptops to regulate the power output, but I always run my laptop plugged
into AC power so this should not be an issue, should it?

--
Richard