[MV] VXi TalkPro Xpress or VXi TalkPro?

Andrew Taylor aetaylor at macspeech.com
Wed Oct 20 04:26:18 PDT 2004

At 11:31 AM +0100 10/20/04, Richard Smith wrote:
>On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Martin Markoe wrote:
>
>>  The TalkPro, TalkPro Xpress and the TalkPro USB use electret microphone
>>  elements. These require a small bias voltage, approximately 3 volts, to
>>  allow the elements to vibrate at the sound of your voice. The voltage can
>>  come from the ring of the soundcard, from a USB sound pod (an external
>>  soundcard) or from an auxiliary battery box. The Translator is a voltage
>>  equalizer in that it will increase or decrease the voltage to the proper
>>  amount. Almost all soundcards today provide the correct voltage and in our
>>  opinion the Translator is really only necessary for PC SoundBlaster
>>  soundcards.
>  >
>>  Our advice for tried and true Mac use, the VXI TalkPro Xpress coupled to an
>>  Andrea USB sound pod. The Andrea pod has a slightly stronger gain that the
>>  Mac computers prefer. See these at:
>>  http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=047
>>  http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=003
>
>Thanks for the advice.  I did order these products from your
>website, but you later cancelled my order, calling me a credit card
>fraudster, and saying you wouldn't accept my order unless I changed my ISP
>and my email address.  So I will now buy the same products elsewhere, and
>I advise anyone else thinking of purchasing from your company to do
>likewise.
>
>--
>Richard

While you are free to express your opinion, please do realized that
the internet is not a friendly place for businesses accepting credit
cards. Identity theft is real and credit card companies are
continuing to get more aggressive with their policies to combat it.
Rather than chastising and criticizing when you get a rejection such
as this, consider it "friendly warning" that questionable activity is
occurring "close" to you and take action to protect yourself. You
could find other companies drawing from the same "fraud detection"
services rejecting your orders as well.