[MV] Problem creating application specific command for FireFox

T.Patrick Henebry tphenebry at macspeech.com
Sun Aug 28 12:19:16 PDT 2005

To all:

Sorry about the previous post. That was meant to be internal (mistakes
do happen to the best of us sometimes).

Having said that I can tell you as one who has written commands in both
NaturallySpeaking and iListen that it is easier to do in iListen.

The over 120 commands I mentioned are special commands for navigating
through and selecting preexisting text *that was not dictated*

Before you ask, these commands have deliberately not been made
available because they can at times behave in very unpredictable ways.
Nobody likes to have their work unnecessarily altered by software doing
something unpredictable. Especially, if it means you have to reproduce
the work (which can sometimes happened with these commands and I have
yet to figure out why).

As a stated at the top of this e-mail message the previous post to this
list was a mistake and meant for a coworker only. As the Technical
Support Manager and a disabled user I often write custom commands for
myself. Some turn out to be more trouble than they are worth and get
deleted others are highly specific to my job and will never make it
into a shipping release, still others do make it into shipping releases
if no problems turn up during beta testing.

Normally, I make it a policy *not* to post to this list (leaving that
for our Chief Evangelist). Why? because I often experiment and
encounter difficulties. Detailing those difficulties would
unnecessarily paint a bad picture of the software.

  --
T. Patrick Henebry
Technical Support Manager
tphenebry at macspeech.com