[MV] speech to text french-able applicaiton

suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Sun Feb 20 07:07:59 PST 2005

Thank you for your reply.

Well, I did finish my transcription job anyway :)

I'd be curious to know what kind of French law keeps you from selling
your software online for example ? It is merely a technical question
though.

As for file formats, I am sure it has already been discussed in the
proper places, but what is the ideal format for speech recognition ?

I heard somebody had worked on a french beta of iListen that did not
give good enough results, what is the status of this beta ? Does it
still exist ?

I don't understand the technical difficulties related to the
development of such a software, can anybody give me pointers ?

Sincerely,

JC