[MV] Plantronics.

Wyldceltic1 wyldceltic1 at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 22:36:11 PDT 2005

OK, I know I'm blind as a bat, but I don't recall seeing this
actually posted here in this group. I guess my quest to save some mon
is not to be!

 From the macspeech website itself:

"What Microphones are supported by iListen
iListen supports the use of microphones from VXi, Telex and MacMice.
The VXi TalkPro and TalkPro Xpress provide the highest quality sound
and best noise cancellation. iListen does NOT support the use of
microphones from well known manufacturers such as Labtec, Plantronics
and Andrea. Microphones from those manufacturers work well in many
circumstances on the Mac, but function poorly with iListen. The
Griffin iMic USB Adaptor went through a design change and is no
longer compatible with iListen.

The headset speaker in these headsets is not necessary for speech
recognition." (Underline of "Plantronics" was mine.)

Perfect.  At least they'll do with the iChat.

So, what I went there for initially was to get the free update to
1.6.8, but it just gives me where to BUY.... Uh, yet it does say
'free' to us who already own iListen 1.6.6. Where's the quick link to
upgrade, Please?

(The thing I mainly disliked about the included headset with iListen
is the HUGE USB adapter box -Parrott?- which needs Batteries!)
Plantronics are White, I can see where they lay around my desk, small
mute/volume controller, small USB 'adapter' but with my G5 I have
audio in and audio out jacks. I'd had hopes that could've worked
without USB entirely.

So far the only thing I have which signals it is working is the
internal mic in the iMac G5.