[MV] Which Voice Recog Software for Transcribing

Cliff Rediger redicliff at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 07:30:19 PST 2006

Thank you all for the comments, advise and direction.

I've looked at the iLive site.

In principle I like the idea of Mac based software.
Though no one mentioned the IBM software or others.
Are Dragon and iLife at the top of the heap?

Comments suggested a difference in performance
if one speaks directly to the computer
compared to recorded voice.
Is that correct?

Judging from the Legal and Medical versions of this type of software
I surmise that these disciplines find voice recog the most useful.
Do attorney's and physicians dictate directly to the computer?
Are these more expensive versions of the software more effective?

Cliff