[MV] new user needs help

Frank Flynn frank at declan.com
Mon Jul 10 13:50:20 PDT 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 1:36 PM, William Robinson wrote:

> The new MacBooks (which come with a special student price) can run
> windows and Naturally Speaking, without giving up the MacOSX
> environment.

Let's be careful here - the new Macs will run Windows but you will
have to buy Windows ($80 to $300 depending on features) and currently
you _will_ loose the Mac OS X environment while you're running
windows because it can only run one or the other.

There are rumors of a more integrated environment coming sometime
(maybe Leopard - whenever that comes out) but to my knowledge anyway
Apple has made no announcements or promises in this regard.  The
current implementation is officially "Not Supported" by Apple and
while it does work you can get into some situations where the
solution is not simple.

Frank