[MV] new user needs help

Gavin Wynford-Jones gavinwj at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 10 14:31:37 PDT 2006

And don't forget that DNS Pro is *significantly* more expensive than
iListen! And she would need Pro if I've understood the situation
correctly.

For the moment, I'd advise trying out the latest iListen, making sure
she has a good mike and does the training in depth, and that she runs
a good bunch of docs through "Learn my writing style".

Then it's basically a case of remembering that you're talking to a
computer not a human. If it makes a mistake, the worst thing you can
do is get cross with it and change your "tone" - it'll ruin your
recognition accuracy. This is a piece of software where reading the
manual is not optional if you want to use it properly and get the
best out of it, too.

Gavin