[MV] Removing/redefining pre-existing commands

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Mon May 15 09:41:33 PDT 2006

On May 15, 2006, at 8:04 AM, Gavin Wynford-Jones wrote:

> Is it possible to remove (and maybe redefine) existing commands in
> iListen? I would very much like to get rid of "Paragraph" as it
> causes me no end of grief - plus, the command "New paragraph" is a
> clearer command.

While it is easy to remove or rename command macros, "Paragraph" is a
word. It's easy to add words, but I think even the people at
MacSpeech would have a hard time removing a word (the initial words
are part of the speech engine they license).

I run into a similar problem with "Line". All I can suggest is what I
do, every time Paragraph comes up as a new paragraph instead of the
word paragraph, correct it. Eventually iListen will learn. Usually it
learns quickly, but sometimes it takes a a very long time to learn a
particular word, but if you're persistent, it does eventually learn.

Joe Senecal