[MV] Removing/redefining pre-existing commands

Chuck Rogers thechuck at mac.com
Mon May 15 10:09:42 PDT 2006

Gavin (and everyone else):

Any command you can see in the Command Editor can be edited to your
heart's content. Unfortunately, "paragraph" is not one of them. There
are several commands that are embedded into the speech engine that we
have absolutely no way to influence.

The only way to adjust the way the word "paragraph" behaves is to
consistently use the phrase "new paragraph" when you want to have a
paragraph, and then (also consistently) correct each instance of the
word "paragraph" to type out the word instead. Over a great deal of
time (probably hundreds of corrections, in this case) it will
eventually adapt.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.