[MV] iListen and Leopard

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Sun Oct 28 15:16:13 PDT 2007

All:

Just thought I would chime in here, as sooner or later someone is
bound to ask:

The current version of iListen (1.7.1) is not compatible with Leopard.
We are beta testing a new version, and plan to release it sometime in
November. This will be a free update for anyone who already owns 1.7.0
or later. We have advised all our customers to wait until we have a
Leopard compatible version before they upgrade their OS.

To answer another question posed to the list, IBM ceased development
of all speech recognition software for both PC an Macs in April of
2003. The version of ViaVoice currently being sold by Nuance is only
certified to work with Mac OS X 10.2.8 and earlier, although many
people have been able to get it to work on 10.3 or 10.4. It will not
work at all on Intel-based Macs. For those interested, here is what
the former project co-ordinator for IBM's ViaVoice for Mac project has
to say about iListen:

"iListen is by the far the best speech product ever created for
Macintosh. It is what we were striving for when my team ported
ViaVoice to Macintosh and what ViaVoice should have been."
-  James Lee, President, Tropical Software and former coordinator for
ViaVoice for Macintosh Development Team

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.