[MV] Re: macspeech vs dns

M Young m.young at mac.com
Sun Oct 28 15:13:37 PDT 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:17:01 -0700 Joseph Senecal wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2007, at 12:45 PM, M Young wrote:
>
>> I am not paralyzed. I am one of those folks who wants/needs an
>> iListen embedded text editor. Nothing about using voice recognition
>> software is more demoralizing than wasting my time doing voice
>> recognition work that becomes screwed up because I touched the
>> mouse or keyboard. Chuck, I will probably not use iListen again
>> until I can touch the mouse and keyboard during voice recognition. :(
>
> I do this all the time. The trick is to do any corrections BEFORE you
> move the cursor or type text manually.
>
> Joe Senecal

Sorry for the slow response, but I get the digest version of this
list so your response only showed up today for me.

Joe, what you wrote is true and accurate. I wrote "touched the mouse
or keyboard" for a practical reason. My biggest frustration with
iListen occurred when I accidently touched the mouse and keyboard.
While I do want/need to be able to make corrections before moving the
cursor for efficiencies sake, the accidental touches are a bigger
problem. Since (knock on wood) I am not paralyzed, the accidental
touches will continue to be a problem with the current version of
iListen.

I am glad that iListen works for you, but fortunately I have found
another option that works for me. :)

I am not looking to get into a long dragged discussion on the merits
of iListen v. Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I look forward to the day
when a Mac native product will meet my needs. Enough said.

Later,

Michael