[MV] Re: macspeech vs dns

Chuck Rogers thechuck at mac.com
Sun Oct 28 15:23:49 PDT 2007

Michael (and everyone else):

The "don't touch" rule in iListen is because Mac OS X does not allow
the kind of inter-application communication that would be needed to
have true interactivity within any application environment. The
Correction window serves as an embedded editor, where you have the
benefit of being able to use the keyboard and mouse however you would
like, as well as maintaining the text in the original document.

BTW, if you accidentally touch the keyboard or mouse, simply put the
cursor back where it was (usually at the end of the document, where
you stopped dictating) and iListen will be fine. Strictly speaking,
the problem isn't that you can't move the mouse or touch the keyboard,
it is that if you do, you can't add or delete any characters (since
that would throw iListen out of sync with your document) and when you
are finished, you must put the cursor where iListen left it when you
stopped dictating.

As you can see, it's just simpler to say "don't touch."

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers

There are two types of people in the world: those who divide the world
into two types of people and those who don't.