[MV] Dictate Notepad issues

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 20:16:50 PST 2008

On Dec 9, 2008, at 7:23 PM, revDAVE wrote:

> I guess I'll just use regular word processors - since I am faster
> with speak
> and fingers.....
>
> Is there any benefit to the dictate notepad over regular word
> processors?

It's the only word processor on the Mac where you can paste in text
and then edit it by voice (after "Cache Document" command). For some
people this is an incredibly valuable feature.

For those of us who prefer to mix voice and fingers, any other word
processor is better. I used the ViaVoice notepad because that was the
only place I could do correction at all. With Dictate, correction is
easy in almost any program (some insert extra characters or do other
weird things).

Joe Senecal