[MV] Microphones

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu May 8 12:16:05 PDT 2008

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Joseph Senecal wrote:

> The short answer is that very few wireless microphones work with
> dictation. I think I have seen some postings of one or two wireless
> microphones (not Bluetooth) that could work with dictation software, but
> I don't remember the specifics.

I used to use a GN Netcom wireless headset (proprietary 2.4 GHz), which
worked reasonably well. I then used a VXI Blueparrot Bluetooth headset for
a while, and I'm currently using a Sennheiser Bluetooth headset. I think
they give acceptable recognition accuracy. However, I am using Dragon
NaturallySpeaking under Windows, which actually has a special mode for
Bluetooth headsets.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768