[MV] Dictate vs Dragon Speak - Opinions?

revDAVE Cool at hosting4days.com
Tue Jan 27 16:20:46 PST 2009

On 1/27/2009 11:19 AM, "Richard Bullen" <bullen.r at comcast.net> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone who has used both the mac version and the pc version
> would venture an opinion on whether the mac version is equal to the pc
> version.
>
> Background to the question
> I used to use Via Voice but gave up on it as its static development
> condition caused it to become difficult to use with advances in OS X.

There is a cool trick (I learned on this list) that helps VV on osx... If
you open the sound input pref pane first and leave it open ... VV works a
LOT better.

Generally I've just used DS a tiny bit on PC and it seems more evolved than
dictate on the mac in some ways... But to me it depends which platform you
want to work on also....

Another option to consider it DS on virtual PC on a mac....