[MV] USB hubs

Valerie Maples vlmaples at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 3 06:48:30 PDT 2009

Dear David;

I had problems with my stackable Belkin USB hubs a few years ago, so they
are sitting to the side. I am now using a D-Link 7 port USB hub on one of my
iMacs, but it still has four ports open. I have a 13 port USB hub on the
older iMac, but even though there should be sufficient power for all the
forts, it gets flaky if I run more than seven off of it. Even when the power
supply is adequate for maximum draws, it appears they get flaky if they are
all used, even for nearly no draw items.

HTH!
Valerie