[MV] MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.1 is out (sent again) (PART 1 in 2 parts)

Andrew Taylor andrew.taylor at macspeech.com
Sat Sep 19 07:01:23 PDT 2009

Hello,

I wait and see how the community response before I did. I do not
believe the questions were completely answered.
This is being sent in multiple parts because my first response was too
large and was rejected.

> On Sep 15, 2009, at 7:46 PM, cool at hosting4days.com wrote:
[snip...]

> -  also if I place the cursor somewhere -- an attempt to hit return
> -- very often it will turn the text to gobbledygook in that area...
>
> it always does this

What you describe above is definitely a limitation in version 1.3 in
Notepad. Our focus with Notepad in version 1.3 was dictation not
typing. This problem has definitely been fixed in version 1.5. Our
focus with Notepad is still dictation but now we are accommodating
other forms of input.

[snip...]
> Q:  can you now dictate text  in to dictate notepad -- then manually
> place the cursor anywhere -  make whatever modifications you desire
> -- and then put the cursor -  anywhere and continued dictating?

Yes, I believe it has.
Here is some text that came from Notepad. It is a combination of
dictation and typing, moving the cursor by voice, moving the cursor by
keyboard, moving the cursor by mouse and making changes with either
keyboard or dictation depending upon my mood.
  (after responding to your specific interest in the capabilities of
Notepad, I went on and perform similar activities in both TextEdit and
Microsoft Word. You can see the results below. These selections were
copied from the target windows and pasted into this mail message using
verbal commands)

The text copied from NotePad will be in the next message.