[MV] MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.1 is out (sent again) PART 2

Andrew Taylor andrew.taylor at macspeech.com
Sat Sep 19 06:54:55 PDT 2009

Hello,

Part 2 of my response, TextEdit and Microsoft Word.
= = == = == = == = =
Here is a sample of "making nonsense of a sentence" dictation using
TextEdit. This text is (with some dictation in the middle of it) being
typed. Now the third sentence is going to be dictated after I typed a
sentence.

And this area was started after I moved the cursor by mouse. And
finally moving the cursor back to the end of the passage by voice and
then dictating. The section of text above in the first sentence that
is quotes was placed there by moving the insertion point by clicking
with the mouse and then typing that phrase.

Now let's try the same activities (typing into dictation) in Microsoft
Word. The second sentence (dictating into typing) is going to be typed.

Now we start dictating again. After this sentence I will move the
cursor by mouse and make a modification in the second sentence that(a
verbal move after making both dictated and typed changes to the first
paragraph, once again the lack of a space between the word "that" and
the open parenthesis is deliberate) is typed.

All this was done in Microsoft Word 2008 and MacSpeech Dictate
international, which is the latest incarnation of version 1.5.