[MV] How do you Train Dictate when...

Valerie Maples vlmaples at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 10 20:42:48 PDT 2010

Which version of MSD are you using?  My generic answers are in between...

On Sep 10, 2010, at 10:24 PM, DealTek wrote:

> How do you train Dictate -- when you say a sentence, and the recognition window lists multiple choices of possible correct versions,
> however none of them are correct?

I usually see which one is closest, and then say edit number "n" and correct it, then say, choose "n"

> Also, along the same line ...
>
> I have created some local user defined text entries and they also do not appear correctly in the recognition window like:
>
> global text command : say "print my name" but print "Mr. Joe G. (CoolGuy) Smith III"
>
> As an example I might say: "print my name" - and the global text should print "Mr. Joe G. (CoolGuy) Smith III" - but instead it prints the actual words: "print my name"

Usually this is a dictation phrasing problem.  All commands, including custom, require a slight pause before and after the command with no pauses or additional words in between.

> How do you correct and improve dictate in this regard?

Hope that helps a little and with more information, maybe we can give you more specific assistance.

Valerie, a dedicated SP user who loves her Macs.