[MV] Group Dead?

David Nuddleman david at xsharp.com
Thu Apr 14 00:21:27 PDT 2011

On Apr 13, 2011, at 5:48 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> Is  this discussion group dead?  There has been no traffic for months.
>
> Or is it that everyone is happy with Nuance's Dragon Dictate for the
> Mac?
>
> Is there no longer any need to consider running Dragon/Win under
> Fusion or Parallels?
>
> Nuance hasn't been known for great customer service in the past.  Is
> it still just as bad with this product?
>
> I'm not a user of this product.  I'd like to know what to tell folks
> when they ask about it.

Randy, I share your interest in this topic, and I wonder if there
aren't many people who are creatures of habit enough that they don't
care about evolution of software currently in this area, or they are
satisfied to direct their desire for exciting products toward other
areas of greater importance to them. At the present time, maybe use of
a keyboard for input is sufficient for most computer users and they
don't expect that much in the way of existing speech recognition
development to take place. There doesn't seem to be much razzmatazz on
the topic when upgrades to existing capabilities do come out, and
possibly a quantum increase in computational power is required before
a useful speech recognition system finally comes out that performs for
them on a more suitable level.