[MV] Nuance Dictate

Chuck Rogers thechuck at mac.com
Sat Apr 16 07:04:05 PDT 2011

Both are key.

Think of it this way: if you were talking to someone in the middle of a quiet field and that person suddenly moved 300 yards away, you would have to shout at each other to continue the conversation. This is essentially what happens when you move the microphone by any substantial amount. If the program hears you differently because the microphone is substantially closer or farther away than it was when you set up your profile, accuracy will suffer.

Likewise if you created your profile in a quiet room, but it all of the sudden gets noisy (and that noise is sustained for a period of time), this can change your accuracy because the program was not trained to disregard that noise when you set up your profile.

Finally, fatigue can also cause degradation in accuracy. If you are someone who uses Dragon Dictate a lot you might find your accuracy worse in the afternoon than it was in the morning when you were fresh. You can resolve this issue by simply creating a new profile that you use in the afternoon with your "tired" voice.