[MV] Nuance Dictate

Michael Gherrity mike at gherrity.org
Sat Apr 16 23:05:44 PDT 2011

I assume the reason that traffic on this list is so low is because DD is the only game in town. I believe that Nuance is now the only company that makes speech recognition products for Macs, PCs, and mobile devices. To me this explains why they have such bad customer support. They don't need satisfied customers to make money.

This scares me. They can do what they want and users have no choice but to buy their products. Monopolies are not good for consumers.

So if it is not profitable for them to support the Macintosh, they can stop supporting DD. That would leave people like me unable to use the Macintosh for many years.

Since Nuance has a monopoly on the Mac with DD perhaps all questions are posted to the Nuance forums rather than to here. That is where I've posted all my questions. All of them have been answered by other users except for one. The moderator answered one but incorrectly. How long will Nuance maintain the forums? I doubt they are profitable.