[MV] Training words

Chuck Rogers thechuck at mac.com
Sun Apr 17 14:03:06 PDT 2011

Some words - no matter how hard you try - just can't be trained. The 5K limit per message on the list does not allow me adequate length to explain why, but it has to do with probabilities. In short, the more "convinced" the speech engine is that the morphemes and phonemes speak belong to a certain word, the less likely it will allow that pronunciation to be associated with a different word. (That's way watered down, btw.)

What you can do instead is this: create a text macro with just one word: "Anyse." Title the text macro "type my name." Now, when you get to point in your dictation, pause briefly and say "type my name," then pause briefly again before continuing to dictate.

This same technique will work for any word which one is having trouble getting the speech engine to recognize. Just substitute a phrase you will remember for "type my name."