[MV] Training words

cactustweeter cactustweeter at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 21:19:45 PDT 2011

The spoken form/written form functionality in the vocabulary editor is very
powerful. A customer on the DD forum was having trouble dictating Prius. I tried
dictating the word and had the same problem as he was having. I noticed after
correcting the word multiple times that pre-S kept showing up in the recognition
window. So I went and added Prius to the vocabulary and used pre-S for the
spoken form and now Prius is recognized every time. Joe's suggestion has a good
probability of working. Try it you may like it. :-)

From: Joseph Senecal <JSenecal at aol.com>

I suggest taking whatever phrase it most often recognizes your name as, then try
adding your name as a new word with that as the pronunciation. Don't delete any
other trained copies of your name, there's no problem having multiple
pronunciations for the same word.

I can't promise that will help, but it seems like it's worth a try.

In the past I was able to get words to work by using a "sounds like" phrase when
training alone wasn't enough.

Joe