[MV] Nuance Dictate

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Apr 20 20:25:12 PDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 1:09 PM, david wrote:

> I have never had a problem with customer support.  Has anyone here
> actually documented poor customer support other than to say it sucks?

Nuance has been around for a long time.  They have a long history of
picking up products from other companies and selling them until they
no longer work, with no updates for bugs that come up, and virtually
no customer support.

They have done this with OmniPage for the Macintosh, for instance.
In fact, they are still offering OmniPage for the Mac for sale:
http://www.nuance.com/for-business/by-product/omnipage/mac/index.htm
with no indication whatsoever that the product can't even be
installed by most folks on recent versions of Mac OS X.
This is well hidden on Nuance's Web site:
http://nuance.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2008/~/using-
omnipage-pro-x-on-mac-os-10.2-or-later
http://nuance.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2007/kw/2653

I'm told that Nuance is investing money into upgrading their Dragon
products and that they even offer some support.  But I don't see such
a company changing their spots.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html