[MV] software for Tiger

D Stubbs dsmndel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 08:29:42 PST 2011

  Hello, My first posting on this list. I need to get VR software operating
for my wife who has RA.  We have a G4 with Tiger on it and it takes care of
all our needs, so I searched for a VR app that is suitable.
First I acquired iListen 1.6.3, it loaded fine, she was able to finish the
couple of hours of 'learn my voice' tests, then it crashed and no longer
will open. A look at Console didn't show me any problems recognizable to me.
My 500 MHz Sawtooth mac seems to have plenty of empty HD space and memory.
  I had guessed the problem may be because 1.6 was developed before Tiger,
so I just bought the 1.7 iListen version, (which I understand has no major
issues with Tiger). It loaded ok, demanded registration, which I did, but it
also will not leave registration mode because MacSpeech no longer supports
iListen (since Nov 2008 I read) and it can't reach their website. "Regsiter
later" button  is non-functional as well for some reason.
  So I am stuck with 2 new but non-operable VR software & headphone packages
and my wife still has to type with 2 pencils. Perhaps someone on this list
still uses Tiger and might have the update or download that I need to get
this functional? I contacted MacSpeech and just got a curt 'not supported'
reply. It feels quite wrong to be forced to buy an entire new computer just
to get one app functioning. Any help is much appreciated!
Del,  Mn, USA